Designer: 1-3 Years of Experience
We are looking for a Junior Designer (1-3 years of office experience) to join our team in Dumbo. We are looking for candidates that are collaborative, design-oriented, and focused on execution.
As a member of a small team, you will be expected to contribute to all phases of project development from conception through construction administration. You will work in design, documentation, and construction on multiple projects simultaneously. This is a great place to work if you’re looking to acquire a broad range of experiences and be part of a small, collaborative, hard-working team.
- Help manage all aspects of projects inside and outside NYC;
- Prioritize, execute, and track tasks across multiple projects, adhering to rigorous timelines;
- Carry out key planning and design work – such as working with zoning and building codes, contributing to design solutions from pre-design through construction administration, and communication with consultants;
- Enact fearless problem-solving and project management skills by displaying creativity and nimbleness along with the ability to adapt to evolving project needs;
- Display commitment for personal, professional, and firm growth; we are looking for an active contributor to helping us grow the firm;
- 1-3 years of professional experience in an architecture/interior design firm
- A professional architecture degree (or commensurate experience)
- Construction documents experience preferred
- Experience in Vectorworks a plus.
- Proficient in English, both verbal and written
- Only persons currently residing in and able to legally work in the US will be considered. No international applicants for this position, please.
Studio during COVID
k-da is currently working part-time at home and part-time in the office; accommodations are being made to keep our team, friends, and family safe. We do feel that the best collaboration happens in person and work to make that possible by taking precautions and following guidance from the City of New York.
Salary + Benefits
Our salary range is between $44,000 – $58,000 depending on experience.
We offer health benefits, paid vacation, and the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you are capable of.
Please send a cover letter, portfolio, CV, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. We look forward to hearing from you.