We do not care where good ideas come from. Everybody is expected to contribute.
We firmly believe that the most successful teams are composed of compatible people. We look for strong leaders, efficient designers, and compassionate people to join our staff. We assemble small project-based teams, meaning that our staff works through the entire lifecycle of a project. All staff is expected to work on all phases of projects.
The k-da Workplace
We trust that our staff knows how best to get quality work done in the most efficient way possible. Staff will be expected to spend time on project sites overseeing construction. Every employee is equipped with a laptop to allow the freedom to work from where the work needs to get done. That said, we do believe that collaboration among our staff is vital for good design and efficient communication. Everybody is expected to work from the office several times a week.
k-da is a strong supporter of personal and professional development.
We support our staff’s getting licensed. We will do our best to facilitate employees making their way through the AXP; helping them getting the hours they need. We also subsidize the licensing exam and offer a bonus to those who complete the licensure process.
k-da is currently looking for a junior designer to join our team! See below for details.
LEVEL 2 Junior Designer
Designer: 2-4 Years of Experience
We are looking for a LEVEL 2 Junior Designer (2-4 years of office experience) to join our team in Dumbo. We are looking for candidates that are collaborative, design-oriented, and focused on execution.
As a member of a small team, you will be expected to contribute to all phases of project development from conception through construction administration. You will work in design, documentation, and construction on multiple projects simultaneously. This is a great place to work if you’re looking to acquire a broad range of experiences and be part of a small, collaborative, hard-working team.
- Help manage all aspects of projects inside and outside NYC;
- Prioritize, execute, and track tasks across multiple projects, adhering to rigorous timelines;
- Carry out key planning and design work – such as working with zoning and building codes, contributing to design solutions from pre-design through construction administration, and communication with consultants;
- Enact fearless problem-solving and project management skills by displaying creativity and nimbleness along with the ability to adapt to evolving project needs;
- Display commitment for personal, professional, and firm growth; we are looking for an active contributor to helping us grow the firm;
- 2-4years of professional experience in an architecture/interior design firm
- A professional architecture degree (or commensurate experience)
- Construction documents experience preferred
- Experience in Vectorworks a plus.
- Proficient in English, both verbal and written
- Only persons currently residing in and able to legally work in the US will be considered. No international applicants for this position, please.
Studio during COVID
k-da is currently working part-time at home and part-time in the office; accommodations are being made to keep our team, friends, and family safe. We do feel that the best collaboration happens in person and work to make that possible by taking precautions and following guidance from the City of New York.
Salary + Benefits
Our salary range is between $54,000 – $64,000 depending on experience.
We offer health benefits, paid vacation, and the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you are capable of.
Please send a cover letter, portfolio, CV, and references to [email protected].
No phone calls, please. We look forward to hearing from you.